Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The most common..

It has been over a week now , I have not had a good sleep, sumptuous food , few laughs and some coffee.
Life is rather listless . I was wondering about the fact that I am missing on the finest aspects of daily life for a while now,  for a reason of which I do not approve of  but forced to.

one must go through a great ordeal  to combat the demon, though we are equipped with a good defence system .One of the worst situations in life , when your taste buds just refuse to work, your mind runs backwards and your body is nothing but a slump. you would believe in medicines to beat the misery , deep down you know you have to sacrifice few hours of your precious time. no I am not talking about a break up or' how you feel when you are fired'. I am talking about the dreadful COMMON COLD . Yes most common and useless !(yes , have you noticed the difference? for example when you sprained or twisted your ankle or elbow , how many candies and flowers , messages you got? if its common cold,  your friends will leave you to your own device unless they are very generous to share your sneeze and tears!)

Remedies are numerous most of it from the backyard , turmeric, ginger, lemon, cinnamon, basil etc.. For many of my friends these backyard remedies are enough . I  tried all of these, sadly none of these worked on my 'I am all yours my dear virus' immune system.

Eventually I end up fighting for a week with supposedly curable medicines . by then I would have missed many calls , messages meetings .. then one fine morning I would feel all right just like that. I am still trying to figure out how would that happen?.

5 comments:

ARJUN MS said...

hi .......
Nice post.
Its one of the worst condition.Fortunately he hasn't arrested me for a while.
Hope I am not sneezing after posting this comment.
ARJUN MS
INDIA
www.stylisharjun.blogspot.com
(please visit and comment)

wanderer said...

Yeah you bet!

padmanabha rao said...

William Shakespear once said rather put some one else's words in the moth of a character in his play that No Philosophy can cure a toothache!! So does common cold. As long as nose exists on our face ( sorry MJ Soul) we enjoy blocked, choked running nose. The best way is to forget we have a nose.

padmanabha rao said...

William Shakespeare once said rather put some one else's words in the moth of a character in his play that No Philosophy can cure a toothache!! So does common cold. As long as nose exists on our face ( sorry MJ Soul) we enjoy blocked, choked running nose. The best way is to forget we have a nose, unless we feel like sneezing..

wanderer said...

hahah yeah very true